Last update: July 1, 2021
MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND HYGIENE
- Masks and social distancing are no longer required if you have been vaccinated.
Unvaccinated persons should continue to wear a face mask when indoors on campus except when in a private living or work space, eating or drinking in a designated eating area, receiving medical care, or if you have a medical exemption to not wear a mask. When we know more about our overall on-campus vaccination levels, the University will reconsider this protocol.
- Clean & sanitize tables and equipment (e.g., computers, markers, staplers) before and after use. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the library.
- Study rooms are available. No NMU ID is necessary. No reservation needed.
CONTACT A LIBRARIAN
- Librarians are available to help you Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm via phone, email, or chat. Research help is also available in-person Monday-Thursday 10:00 am - noon and 1:00 - 4:00 pm, and by appointment.
- You can also arrange an online meeting with a Librarian for help finding information, citing sources, and more. Visit the Departmental Liaison page to find a librarian with expertise in your subject area and to schedule an appointment.
- Physical items are loaned during library regular hours.
- Electronic items may be accessed using OneSearch.
- MeLCat and interlibrary loan are available.
- Curbside pickup is available for any NMU, MeLCat, or Interlibrary Loan items that you have received a confirmation message stating the items are available on the hold shelf. Please schedule a pickup time in advance.
- If you are quarantined or working/studying remotely, please contact us to learn about alternative methods for receiving library materials.
- Items can be returned to the library during regular hours.
- If you have graduated or your faculty/staff position with NMU has ended, please return your library materials as soon as possible.
DIGITAL MEDIA TUTORING CENTER AND VIRTUAL REALITY
- Digital Media Tutoring Center equipment is available during the summer. Tutors are not available during the summer.
- Virtual Reality is unavailable during the Summer semester.
CENTRAL UPPER PENINSULA & NMU ARCHIVES
- The Archives physical space is open by appointment. The public may make an appointment or submit reference queries via email (email@example.com) or phone at 906-227-1225. The number of patrons is limited to allow for social distancing.
UPDATES ABOUT COVID-19 FROM THE PRESIDENT'S OFFICE
Northern Michigan University will provide the latest news and updates on a COVID-19 Information page.