Last update: August 25, 2021
MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCING, AND HYGIENE
- All individuals, vaccinated and not vaccinated, must wear masks when visiting the library.
- Social distancing is not required at this time.
- Clean & sanitize tables and equipment (e.g., computers, markers, staplers) before and after use. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the library.
- Study rooms are available. NMU students, staff, and faculty may reserve a room in advance.
CONTACT A LIBRARIAN
- Librarians are available to help you Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm via phone, email, or chat. Research help is available in-person Monday-Thursday 10:00 am - noon and 1:00 - 4:00 pm, and by appointment.
- You can arrange an online meeting with a Librarian for help finding information, citing sources, and more. Visit the Departmental Liaison page to find a librarian with expertise in your subject area and to schedule an appointment.
- Physical items are loaned during library hours.
- Electronic items may be accessed using OneSearch.
- MeLCat and interlibrary loan services are available.
- Curbside pickup is available for any NMU, MeLCat, or Interlibrary Loan items that you have received a confirmation message stating the items are available on the hold shelf. Please schedule a pickup time in advance.
- If you are quarantined or working/studying remotely, please contact us to learn about alternative methods for receiving library materials.
- Items can be returned to the library during open hours.
- If you have graduated or your faculty/staff position with NMU has ended, please return your library materials as soon as possible.
DIGITAL MEDIA TUTORING CENTER AND VIRTUAL REALITY
- Virtual Reality and Digital Media Tutoring is available. The Fall 2021 schedule can be viewed to find open hours.
CENTRAL UPPER PENINSULA & NMU ARCHIVES
- The Archives physical space is open by appointment. The public may make an appointment or submit reference queries via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 906-227-1225. The number of patrons is limited to allow for social distancing.
UPDATES ABOUT COVID-19 FROM THE PRESIDENT'S OFFICE
Northern Michigan University will provide the latest news and updates on a COVID-19 Information page.