Last update: January 18, 2021
MASKS, SOCIAL DISTANCE, AND HYGIENE
- Keep your mask on. It must cover your nose and mouth.
- Clean & sanitize tables and equipment (e.g., computers, markers, staplers) before and after use. Cleaning supplies are available throughout the library.
- Maintain social distance. Seats must remain at least 6 feet apart.
- Do not move furniture. The tables are arranged to allow social distance and easy pathways.
EATING AND DRINKING IN THE LIBRARY
- Drinks and light snacks are allowed. Meals are not. You may shift, but not remove, your mask.
- A designated dining area is available on the first floor of Harden Hall. For on-campus indoor public space, persons may remove a mask to eat or drink ONLY at areas specifically designated for seated dining. Designated seated dining areas will have signs and will be limited to one hour of use.
- Study rooms are closed until further notice.
AFTER-HOURS STUDY SPACE
- Harden Hall’s first floor will be open late on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until midnight. Security provided by the NMU Police Department.
CONTACT A LIBRARIAN
- Librarians are available to help you Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm via phone, email, or chat. Research help is also available in-person Monday-Thursday 10:00 am - noon and 1:00 - 4:00 pm, and by appointment.
- You can also arrange an online meeting with a Librarian for help finding information, citing sources, and more. Visit the Departmental Liaison page to find a librarian with expertise in your subject area and to schedule an appointment.
- Physical items are loaned during library regular hours.
- Electronic items may be accessed using OneSearch.
- MeLCat and interlibrary loan are available.
- Curbside pickup is available for any NMU, MeLCat, or Interlibrary Loan items that you have received a confirmation message stating the items are available on the hold shelf. Please schedule a pickup time in advance.
- If you are quarantined or working/studying remotely, please contact us to learn about alternative methods for receiving library materials.
- Items can be returned to the library during regular hours.
- If you have graduated or your faculty/staff position with NMU has ended, please return your library materials as soon as possible.
DIGITAL MEDIA TUTORING CENTER AND VIRTUAL REALITY
- The Digital Media Tutoring Center is open during the Winter 2021 semester. Tutors use a second monitor to provide help while maintaining social distance. Hours are posted at https://lib.nmu.edu/services/digitalmedia.
- Virtual Reality is unavailable until further notice.
COMMUNITY BORROWER PROGRAM
- The Community Borrower Program will resume when the campus reopens to visitors.
- All in-person, public events in Olson Library are canceled until further notice.
CENTRAL UPPER PENINSULA & NMU ARCHIVES
- The Archives physical space is open by appointment. The public may make an appointment or submit reference queries via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone at 906-227-1225. The number of patrons is limited to allow for social distancing.
UPDATES ABOUT COVID-19 FROM THE PRESIDENT'S OFFICE
Northern Michigan University will provide the latest news and updates on a COVID-19 Information page.