The Lydia M. Olson Library is hiring a student marketing assistant!
We are seeking a student worker who will contribute to the outreach initiatives of the Lydia M. Olson Library, with the goal of disseminating information about its value, events, services and resources and to engage the community it serves. Work will include creation of website content, social media content, and promotional materials (posters, brochures, digital slides, press releases, table tents). Event planning and management may take place as well as acting as a library ambassador for tours and panels. Tasks require occasional interviews with relevant faculty and staff. The student will work under the direct supervision of the Interim Library Director.
We are looking for someone who can commit 5-10 hours per week, beginning immediately.
The ideal candidate will have previous promotional and event planning experience or can demonstrate strong skills. Public relations, social media design management, and marketing majors are encouraged to apply. This is an excellent opportunity for a student to utilize communication and organizational skills while honing digital marketing skills. The development of strategic and engaging social media content will be a core function of this position.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to adhere to deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and able to accept constructive criticism of design work.
- Basic graphic design and photography skills to enhance social media content.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, demonstrate initiative, and have the ability to work independently to prioritize and accomplish time-sensitive tasks.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a nonfiction writing sample (e.g. high school newspaper article, course papers, press release, etc.).
Hiring is done on a rolling basis. Once an applicant is hired, the job posting will be removed, most likely prior to the application end date. In order to be considered, submit your application quickly.
Apply on Handshake!